Work visas are available for the purposes of undertaking long-term employment in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Authorisation by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs must have been obtained by the sponsor company in Saudi Arabia prior to the applicant applying for a visa. The nationality and the job title of the applicant must be identical to the details given to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authorisation.
Applicants must submit:
- A letter of invitation from the Saudi sponsor company.
- A medical report authenticated by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office at the following postal address: Legalisation Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, PO Box 6255, Milton Keynes, MK10 1XX (Tel: 0370 000 2244). Medical report forms are available from the Consular Section or may be downloaded from here.
- A copy of the contract of employment, attested by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A copy of certificates for academic qualifications, attested by the Saudi Cultural Office, the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Saudi Embassy. Academic qualifications must be relevant to the proposed employment in the Kingdom.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- If previously employed in Saudi Arabia, a letter of recommendation from a former employer must be submitted.
- A power of attorney, submitted electronically by the Saudi sponsor company through the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A police certificate, obtained from acro.police.uk, attested by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Please see the General Guidelines for information on how to apply for all visas.